Streaming movies and TV shows over the internet are fun. It allows watching whatever you want at any time. However, Samsung TV won’t stay connected to the Wifi issue caused due to some generic bugs or glitches.
Similarly, Samsung TV won’t stay connected to Wifi is a network issue. In addition, there are several reasons causing this issue. There could be the WiFi not working on the TV.
Also, there are might be the TV is on power-saving mode, as a result, the Wifi is automatically turning itself. In order to prevent more power consumption.
If your smart TV’s Wifi is unstable and you want answers about why the won’t Samsung tv stay connected to wifi. Therefore, don’t worry.
In this article, we are going to discuss this issue. In addition, we will cover each and every single topic in order to share some troubleshooting measures for this issue.
Why Won’t My Samsung Tv Stay Connected to WiFi?
When the WiFi network is disconnecting itself. It means there could be a problem with the TV or the router. However, if there is no problem with the router then it’s the TV’s fault and vice-versa.
Read more: Samsung TV Home Button Not Working
Here are some of the reasons that can be found as the culprit for this issue many times. For instance, these points are the major reasons for causing the Samsung TV won’t stay connected to Wifi.
- Router Issue: Many times it has been found out the WiFi router is causing this issue. When there are many devices registered on the WiFi router. In that case, the router could not stabilize the WiFi authentication.
- Generic Bug: When the TV has not refreshed for a long time. You probably get errors or glitches. It happens because the TV needs to be refreshed in order to work all the functions properly. In that case, it’s better to reboot the TV.
- Internet connection not working: The smart TV disconnects from the network when it has no internet connection. Therefore, you may encounter the Wifi won’t connect issue on that network. We advise you to use WiFI when the internet is working.
- Power Saving Mode Enable: The main objective of the power-saving mode is to preserve the battery life. For instance, the TV restricts data used in order to perform the TV more power-efficient.
- Incorrect Network Configuration: When there are a few incorrect changes on the network settings. The Samsung TV won’t stay connected to Wifi problems occurs. In addition, most of the time incorrect configurations on, DNS address, DHCP, etc may cause the problem.
- Poor Signal: If the WiFi signal is poor, the TV won’t stay connected to it. In that case, you have to improve the signal of the WiFi to fix the error.
Methods to Troubleshoot Samsung TV Won’t Stay Connected To WiFi
Earlier we mentioned that we are going to provide a complete solution to troubleshoot the WiFI won’t stay connected to the Samsung TV issue. Therefore, apply these instructions to get rid of this problem.
Method 1: Power Cycle the TV and Router
First of all, you have to power cycled both devices. It helps to fix the generic glitches or bugs that usually occur on the TV and router. However, a power cycle is a simple process of disconnecting the device from electricity. To do that,
- Unplug the Power cord from the wall outlet (Both router and TV).
- Wait for at least 15 to 20 seconds.
- Plug the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Once both devices are booted, check if the error still persists.
Method 2: Verify the Internet is Working
The internet should be working in order to stay connected to the smart TV. However, you can test the internet’s status. Click here to test your internet. For instance, it will perform a bandwidth check on your internet.
If the internet is not working, the test won’t begin. Contact your ISP to inquire about the internet problem.
Method 3: Improve WiFi Signal Strength
Basically, when there is an obstructing object between the router and the TV. The signal also reduces when the TV and router are far in the distance. In addition, the WiFi signal needs to be strong in order to stay connected.
Follow these instructions to improve the WiFI signal strength:
- Move the Router near to the TV.
- Remove electromagnetic devices like Microwave from the Room.
- Cut Off WiFi Leeches.
- Switch to a Different WiFi Channel.
- Use Repeaters, modems, and extenders to boost the signal strength, etc.
Method 4: Update your TV
If you encounter this issue after performing the power cycle, the smart TV’s firmware is causing the issue. However, you have to update the TV’s firmware in order to get rid of the Samsung TV keep disconnecting from the WiFi issue. To check the update on the Samsung smart TV.
Read more: Samsung TV Loud Popping Noise
Navigate to Setting from the home menu. After that, go to settings and then select Support. From the support option, scroll down and then select Software Update and then press the enter button. Now, select the Update now to check for the updates. If there is an update available, the update will be on your TV.
Method 5: Change DNS Settings
If you’re still encountering Samsung TV won’t connect to WiFi after the update. Then we advise you to check the DNS settings. There are two types of DNS addresses is available i.e public and private. However, we recommend using a public DNS server.
Since the public DNS server is more reliable and faster than the default DNS server provided by the ISP. Therefore, apply these instructions to change the DNS server on your Samsung smart TV.
- Navigate to Settings > Network > Network Status > IP settings.
- Select the DNS option and then choose hoose Enter manually.
- Enter 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 on the Primary DNS address and secondary DNS address respectively.
- You can also use another DNS server. For instance, here is the list of the fastest DNS servers for Samsung TV.
- Once you have saved the settings, check if the error still persists.
Method 6: Use Another WiFi
If the error still has not been solved after changing the DNS server on the smart TV. Then there could be a problem with the WiFi network. However, you can easily point out the router problem.
At first, disconnect the currently connected WiFi. After that, we advise you to connect to another WiFi network. In addition, when another the WiFI is stable and won’t disconnect itself. There might be a problem with the WiFi.
Method 7: Reset the Router
When the TV is not showing any problem with another WiFi. It means the WiFi router has a problem. However, you can easily get rid of Samsung TV won’t stay connected to WiFi. To do that, you have to reset the router. Apply the underlying instructions to reset the WiFi router:
- Locate the Reset button on the Router.
- Short press the reset button until all lights blink.
- Now, the router has been reset.
- You can also configure the router if you want to change its password or name.
- If not then, you can connect to that network with a default password.
- Once the smart TV is connected to Wi-Fi, check if an error has gone away.
Method 8: Factory Reset TV
If resetting the WiFi router won’t fix the problem, there could be a problem with the smart TV. There could be the firmware corrupted. As a result, the WiFi is disconnected from the smart TV. You can easily resolve that after factory resetting the TV.
To do that, go to Settings > General > Reset. Enter the 0.0.0.0 security pin to confirm the factory reset. Now factory resetting process begins. Do not turn off the TV while resetting. Once the reset finishes, check if the error still persists.
Samsung TV won’t stay connected to WiFi is a problem that prevents streaming content online. In addition, you can solve this issue doing power cycling the TV.
The internet plays the main role when it comes to WiFi’s stability. If the wifi signal strength is poor, improve it. However, you can also configure the Wifi Setting by changing the DNS server.
After that, if the error still persists, we advise you to use another network. However, when there is a problem with the router, reset it.
Read more: Samsung Smart TV Guide Not Working
FAQ About Unstable WiFi on Samsung TV
Ans: There might be a problem connection between the Router and TV.
Ans: The signal strength might be poor. In addition, some objects could be obstructing the WiFi signal. Hence, your TV keeps losing the signal.
Ans: The best place for Routers in order to get a good signal and seed is in the middle of the house. Test all the places in your house and place the router in the best position.