LG TV magic remote is an in-one remote. In addition, you can control smart TV, home theater, or soundbar, and set up a box with a single remote. LG Magic Remote Programming includes remote control registration and configuration of its pointer.
LG TV includes a magic remote that can do multiple tasks. For instance, it can work as a cursor as well as a remote controller for smart TV and other external peripherals. The magic remote control is a universal remote.
Instructions to Program LG TV Magic Remote
Magic Remote brings a lot of features that make the controlling experience smooth. For instance, you can control LG TV with voice commands and gestures. It can also work as a mouse, which is one of the best features to navigate smart TV content.
There are two methods to programming the LG TV magic remote. They are:
- Registering the Magic Remote Control
- Configure Magic Remote Control Pointer
Register Magic Remote Control
You should register the Magic Remote Control to LG smart TV for the first time. It creates the pair between a smart TV and remote control. Moreover, we will use the wheel (Ok) button to register the Magic remote controller.
Follow the given instructions to register the Magic Remote control on LG TV:
- Press the Power button to power up the smart TV.
- Wait for 10 seconds.
- Now, Aim the Magic Remote Control at the smart TV.
- Press the “Wheel (OK)” button.
- The message will display when the remote is registered.
What if the message does not appear on the screen? In case, there is no message it means the remote has not been registered. However, power off your smart TV and try again the registration process.
Now, Configuring the Magic Remote Control Pointer
After the registration of the Magic remote control on LG TV, you have to configure the remote control pointer. In addition, we will customize the speed, size, and shape of the Magic remote control pointer. To do that, apply the underlying instructions:
- Press the Smart Home button on Magic Remote Control.
- Navigate to Settings from Home Screen.
- Select Option and go to Pointer.
- Customize the settings according to your requirement:
- Speed: Set the movement speed of the pointer.
- Shape: Set the shape of the pointer.
- Size: Set the size of a pointer.
- Alignment: Enable it to adjust alignment.
Important tips: The alignment feature readjust the pointer at the center or your custom posting when you shake the Magic remote control.
Fix Magic Remote Control Not Registering
Sometimes, when you press Wheel (OK) button while aiming at the smart TV and registration message does not pop up on the screen. It happens when the remote control is not working properly. However, you have to initialize and re-register the remote to troubleshoot the problem.
- Hold the Home and Back buttons on Magic Remote Control for 5 seconds.
- Release it after 5 seconds. The
- The Remote has been initialized.
- Now, Aim at the smart TV.
- Hold the Back button for 5 seconds to re-register the remote control.
LG Magic Remote Programming helps to unlock customizations and other features. For instance, alignment is an interactive feature to reposition the pointer. There are many other things that you can easily customize.
If you feel the pointer is slow then you can increase its speed. In addition, you can control the pointer like a mouse’s pointer using the remote. You can change any shape and size of the pointer.
Initializing the Magic remote control helps in troubleshooting the remote not working or lagging issues. However, if you have any doubts. Then, leave us a comment.
FAQ about Program LG Magic Remote
Ans: On the home screen, go to the Apps icon > Apps > Quick remote > Customizable Remote > Enter remote name > OK. Now, swipe right or left to customize the button and select Next to save settings.
Ans: Press the Home button on LG Magic Remote and select Device Connector. Now, select the device you want to pair.
Ans: Press the digits 2 and 8 simultaneously within 6 seconds and the LED should blink twice. Enter the code 9 8 1, the LED will blink 4 times. Now, your LG remote has been reset to factory default.